Writers Group for Poets
Meets last Thursday of each month from 6:00-8:00 pm
Original poems are read and, if desired, constructive comments are offered by group members.
- Bring your own copies (generally, 10) to share. The library will print your copies for you if you email your poem to: email@example.com by the day before the meeting.
- Silence cell phones.
- Assess how many people are reading by 6:15 PM and divide the time evenly.
- One person volunteers to be the timer.
- Latecomers will read last if time permits (late is defined after the initial count of readers is established).
- Listen respectfully.
- Anticipate your turn and be ready.
- Distribute half of your copies to the left and half to the right.
- Before reading your poem state your name and let everyone know if they can keep a copy of your poem and what type of feedback you’d like (none, only positive, constructive criticism).
- Limit poem to one-two pages.
- At the sound of the timer/buzzer, wind up comments.
- If you make comments on someone's poem sign your name and return poem to poet.
- If you do not have a poem of your own, you can read a poem from another poet.
- Listen, respect, encourage, support, be inspired, and have fun.
Meeting Protocol PDF